Saturday, April 21, 2007

PTA officers (yakuin) in junior high school

PTA officers (Parents teachers association)。What are the things to do while you are one of the parents officers especially on junior high school? I think ito ang pinaka-ayaw na gawin ng mga parents na foreigners here in Japan. Many says, mismong Japanese ay ayaw magyakuin paano pa kaya ang mga foreigners? First, if you're not fluent in their language and can't read kanji characters ay muri. Second, even you understand a little bit nihongo, and don't know what should you do. Third..later think it first..(^-^)
Ok...it is usually do in kondankai or meeting of parents and teachers after an open class visit in schools, mostly 5~6 times a year ..Within the first meeting, they usually do the self introduction, a bit chats about your own childrens state inside/outside home, and need to decide who will become parent officers for the whole year. So i decided to be the one it is my first time) but, i made sure that only an assistant. Then re-scheduled again a meeting this time with other kinds of parent officers like (public welfare(厚生)、adults (成人)、off campus(校外)、public information(広報)、first year(1学年)、second year(2学年) and  third year(3学年). I may say I am so lucky because the members are very supportive or they understood that i'm not capable in doing role or toka on that field. They give me a role that they think i can make it or they will also help me how to do it! I hope na makaya ko ang nakatoka sa akin..ayaw kong mapahiya and also this is a challenge to me and a good experience living here in Japan with my own family.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Here's some great ideas regarding how to volunteer in your child's classroom! http://www.howtodothings.com/education/how-to-volunteer-in-your-childs-classroom